Salted Caramel Banana Bread
One of our favourite sweet treats to bake at Onist HQ is a banana bread. Not only is it delicious, soft and gooey in the middle it is also a perfect transporter for our choc pots, spread a healthy amount of Choc Pot onto a slice of banana bread and you have the most perfect snack ever. However, this recipe combines our love of this snack into one epic salted caramel banana bread, a delicious and moreish banana bread with a swirl of salted caramel choc pot running through the centre. This recipe is gluten free, refined sugar free and dairy free and is utterly delicious! You will find most of the ingredients in your store cupboard already so it really couldn't be easier or simpler!
- 3 Bananas - The riper the better you want them to be covered in dark brown spots.
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Melted Dairy Free Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Salted Caramel Choc Pot
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Start by peeling the bananas and placing the them in a bowl - mash them with a fork until there are no lumps left.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, stirring between each addition to make sure that the egg is fully combined.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients - apart from the choc pot.
- Once all the ingredients are all combined spoon in dollops of Choc Pot before carefully mixing just once or twice. don't over mix otherwise it will just turn into a chocolate banana bread (not a bad thing but you won't get the marble effect!)
- Keep dolloping and stirring until you don't have any choc pot left, then carefully spoon your batter into a lined loaf tin.
- Optional: slice some banana coins and place on the top of the cake.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 mins until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
- Best enjoyed with a cup of tea whilst still warm.