Everyone loves a bit of rocky road, with a cup of tea at 4pm or an after school treat, it is a super quick and delicious treat that only takes 10 mins to whip together. Our rocky road is made with our Dark Chocolate Choc Pots, which gives a deep rich and indulgent taste as well as making sure it is healthy as well. Our choc pots are made with 40% fruit and contain 8 essential vitamins and minerals including Iron, Zinc and Copper, so although this dessert sounds incredibly naughty it is the perfect opposite. So what I am trying to say is we all need to eat more rocky road!
This recipe was created to mark our recent launch into Wholefoods UK, our Choc Pots can now be found in stores across London. All of the ingredients used can be found in any Wholefoods store making it incredibly easy to treat yourself and make this divine recipe. This recipe can also be made vegan by using dairy free biscuits.
- 2 Dark Chocolate Choc Pots
- 100g Dairy Free Butter
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 150g Almonds
- 150g Raisins
- 250g Digestives (or similar biscuits)
- Start by putting your biscuits in a large bowl and crumbling with your hands until they are in small pieces you don't want it to be a fine dust as this won't make it crunchy and delicious.
- Next add the raisins, and roughly chopped almonds to the biscuits.
- In a saucepan on a low heat melt together the butter, coconut oil and dark chocolate before removing from the heat and adding the Choc Pots.
- Stir the chocolate mix together until it is all combined before adding to the biscuit mix.
- Stir the biscuit mix together until it is all coated in the chocolate.
- Spread the rocky road into a lined baking tray and place in the freezer for about 1 hour to set.
- Slice into squares and enjoy with a well deserved cup of tea.