Chocolate Onist and Pip & Nut Peanut Butter Squares
Here at Onist HQ we are very excited about our launch into Planet Organic next week. So to celebrate the occasion and to get everyone as excited about our fabulous chocolate pots as we are, we have created a few recipes so that you can get creative with your pots at home too.
The first one is for all those Reece’s fans out there - a healthy yet super decadent peanut butter slice. Layers of crisp shortbread, oozy Pip and Nut crunchy Peanut Butter and a delicious heavenly layer of Onist Dark Chocolate. It really is the ultimate little evening treat that is completely gluten, dairy and refined sugar free so it won’t leave you with a sugar slump afterwards. These squares take no time at all to make and so are great if you need to whip up an easy peasy quick dessert or snack and can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for five days. So you can have peanut buttery chocolaty slices of heaven all week and there is no excuse for unhealthy snacks.
Don’t forget to keep an eye out for our next Onist recipe on the blog on Thursday and our launch into all Planet Organic stores across London from Friday! Keep tagging us in your photos on social media, we can’t to see all of your creations too!
150g Fine Oatmeal (can also use oats whizzed into a fine flour)
80g Dairy Free Butter (or normal butter if you have no intolerances)
1 heaped Tbsp Honey
100g Brown Rice Flour or 30g of Coconut Flour works too
2 Dark Chocolate Onist Pots
1/2 Jar of Crunchy Pip and Nut Peanut Butter
- Start by melting the butter and the honey in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Once melted, add the oatmeal and the flour and mix together until it is all combined and the base comes together.
- Press the base into a lined baking tray and into an even layer.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 mins until it is completely firm.
- Spoon the peanut butter in an even layer on top of the base and place in the freezer for another 15 mins.
- Once the peanut butter is set, spread the Onist dark chocolate pots on top.
- Either dig in straight away (I wouldn’t blame you!) or leave in the fridge until you want to enjoy them!