Orange Chocolate Truffles
ORanGe Chocolate Truffles
Who else struggles to get their daily protein intake? In the world of fast and convenience foods it can be pretty difficult to get the right amount of protein in your diet. So we were very excited when Vega sent us some protein to experiment with. Vega protein is a plant based protein that contains green vegetables, omega-3, fibre and of course pea protein and so is perfect for pretty much everyone! We were challenged to create a Onist x Vega recipe that was absolutely delicious and would help to increase your daily protein intake in a quick and easy way.
The first recipe we created at Onist HQ is a Orange Chocolate Truffle recipe that can be made in 5 mins and are perfect to keep in the fridge as a healthy, high protein snack throughout the week. This recipe uses only 4 ingredients which makes it super simple and healthy. These truffles are refined sugar free, gluten free, paleo and vegan as well as being a great source of iron and healthy fats. I don't know about you but having a supply of chocolate truffles that are healthy and so easy to make sounds like a pretty good idea to me!
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 Scoops Vega Chocolate Protein
- 1 Orange Onist Choc Pot
- Cacao/Cocoa Powder for dusting
- Start by mashing the banana with a fork until all the large lumps are gone.
- Add in the protein powder and Onist Choc Pot.
- Mix everything together until you have a thick and firm paste which is easy to roll into balls.
- If your mixture is too runny keep adding a little bit of protein powder at a time to make it thicker.
- Roll the mixture into balls and then roll in cacao powder until they are completely covered in a light dusting.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 mins before digging in.
- Store in the fridge for a week in an airtight container.