Christmas Sandwich Cookies
It's finally December! Which means only one thing, the countdown to Christmas and the reassurance that eating chocolate everyday is totally acceptable. Not that this restricts us anyway! At Onist HQ, chocolate is our thing and we eat it pretty much all the time! Not only is Christmas an excuse to eat chocolate 24/7 but it is also the time of year when baking is a must and should be on everyone's holiday agenda. We have made it a little easier this year with a delicious recipe to bake and share with friends or to wrap up and give to family as a gift this Christmas. These little Christmas spiced cookies are perfect for sandwiching our Choc Pots and munching on in front of the fire or nibbling on while working at your desk. Whatever the occasion or excuse these biccy's are amazing and so simple and easy to make. They are also vegan and refined sugar free so perfect for anyone this festive season.
Ingredients: Makes 12 Sandwiches
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup (or any liquid sweetener)
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp All Spice
- 2 tbsp Plant Based Milk (We used Oat milk)
- 2 Onist Food Choc Pots - we think Dark Chocolate or Orange work best!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Simply add all your ingredients apart from the Choc Pots to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together until it has formed a dough that sticks together when it is pressed into a ball. It may require some elbow grease, but keep mixing and I promise it will come together.
- Once a dough has formed, tip the mixture onto a floured surface and shape into a ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a sheet that is about 1/2 cm thick.
- Using a round cutter (or a jam jar lid if you don't have a cutter) cut rounds and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Keep cutting and rolling the dough until you have used it all up.
- Place all the biscuits on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 12 mins until just turing golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack for about 30 mins.
- Once the biscuits have cooled completely spoon a dollop of Onist Choc Pot onto a biscuit and sandwich with a second.
- Repeat with all the biscuits until you have 12 delicious looking chocolate spiced sandwich cookies.