Onist Banana Split
This is a time old, classic recipe that was a fail safe children's party dessert. But who says that Banana Splits are just for children? We have given this well loved recipe a grown up twist that is sure to go down a treat at any dinner party. We think it is best served all dished up onto a large platter with everyone grabbing a spoon and digging in.
We created this recipe in conjunction with our launch into Wholefoods UK. We are so pleased to announce that we can now be found in Wholefoods stores across London, so head into you closest one and grab a pot or two and make this delicious recipe. All the ingredients used can be found in Wholefoods as well making it super simple to create this delicious masterpiece.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Salted Caramel Choc Pot (or your favourite flavour)
- 30g Almonds
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Coconut Collaborative Vanilla Ice Cream
- Start by chopping up you almonds into rough chunks.
- Peel and slice your bananas into 2 halves lengthways.
- Melt your butter and maple syrup on a low heat in a non stick frying pan, add your banana halves and coat in the sauce.
- Fry the bananas in the butter mixture for about 5 mins - flipping over half way and making sure that the sugar doesn't burn.
- Scoop some ice cream onto a plate and arrange the bananas on top. Next sprinkle over your almonds and dollop on your Salted Caramel Choc Pot.
- Dig in and enjoy whilst the bananas are still warm!